- He is among the founders (President until 2004) of the Italian Global Health Watch – Osservatorio Italiano sulla Salute Globale
- He has been among the promoters and for a long time the President of the Association of Development Cooperation Workers – Associazione degli Operatori di Cooperazione allo Sviluppo (AdOCS)
- From childhood and later during many years as an educator (leader) he has been involved in the Scout Movement (AGESCI).
- He proposed and promoted the establishment of a Municipal Childhood Watch – Osservatorio comunale sull’infanzia in support of the policies for children of the city of Rome (Comune di Roma).
- He founded in Rome the Association and Community “Il Tetto“, that since many years operates in the area of family support and socio-economic integration of youth in difficult circumstances.
- He is among the founders and now Honorary President of the citizens committee of the XXth Municipality of Rome – Comitato Cittadino per la XX Circoscrizione del Comune di Roma – Municipio Roma XX
- From 2005 to 2011 he is a member of the Board of the Jacobs Foundation, whose mission is the promotion of education.
- In 2008 he co-founded Indaba-network whose mission is to support and link groups of young people engaged in projects of active and responsible g-local citizenship.
- In 2015 he was elected to the Committee of Italians living abroad (COMITES) of Geneva (Switzerland)
This post is also available in: Italian